Friday, November 7, 2008

The Walker way of life


Don't be too surprised I am blogging again. I will be doing it more often since I don't have any friends and need a way to vent! Just kidding but seriously. A lot has changed over the past year since I last blogged. We are now back in Alaska and bought our first house. We love it and Ian is doing an awesome job of remolding and of course I do an awesome job of picking out what would look good. The kids are adjusting well. Aliyah loves school and Maddox is starting to communicate better which is good for everyone involved. You may think he is speaking gibberish but if you listen closely you will hear actually words. Aliyah loves having family close and asks almost everyday if she can go to grandma's and see the boys. And by boys I mean her uncles who are 17 and 19. Ian and I are still running. We ran our first half marathon and marathon this past summer and are now training for the LA Marathon in February. I am excited and anxious. I really want to improve my time. Running is nice because it is sometimes the only time we see each other. I also like it because I get to be out doors in beautiful Alaska and with the right gear an if you don't stop moving it isn't too cold. Sometimes I get to run with my big brother. That is fun too since he is so good at it and keeping me positive. If it wasn't for the full support of my family through encouragement and babysitting I would never get to run. They drive me to do well and not just with running. Running also keeps me sane. With opening up a new Target in Alaska , getting ready for the holidays, and while trying to have a life it can get tricky. Anyways I think Ian and I are going to go on a run before I work tonight. Is anyone available to babysit?

10 comments:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

Hey! Good to hear whats going on in your life! Good for you on running! I wish I had the drive! Follow my comment to my blog! Love ya, miss you guys!!!

Hone said...

Cool post!! You have an awesome little family. Thanx for letting me come over every night to hangout.

Love you

rachel said...

Jacinda! How are you going? Back to Alaska huh! Exciting, I need to come and visit!

Music Mama said...

It's great to hear from you! Your kids are so cute :) I want to see pictures of your house! And I am impressed with your running.

Andrea said...

Hey J - Glad you are settling down for a minute. I would so trade off with you to run. I miss running. It is exhilarating, isn't it? Your picture with Brosco is very nice. I love the kid pics. Of course, you are talented at photography! I hope Tarjay is treating you well and we really do want to have you over for games and maybe a movie sometime soon. When it gets so freakin' dark outside and it is important to hear from other life forms...:0)
Jesse has school Thursday and Friday nights so maybe we can get together some Saturday day or evening...let me know!

Anonymous said...

Hi my beautiful and talented sister. It is good to hear how your family is doing! Glad to hear that you get to hang out with Mike. I miss you all. Kiss the kids and send more pics.
Love you

Freckles said...

Yeah, you're back!! I would still check here, hoping for a post. Glad you are doing well, hope life isn't too crazy for you. I swear you are super-mom! That is awesome that you are running, I wish I had the motivation. : ) I saw the pictures of the marathon on your facebook page, it looks so beautiful!

Hone said...

ANON,

Which sister is this Aub or Andrea?? And the name is Evan. Mike is dead.

Taryn said...

Yeah! I am glad you are back! I know you have been super busy with work and kids and a new house. I am impressed with the running, I would also love to see pics of the house and the kiddos! I miss you! Your hair looks great too:)

Anonymous said...

Hi guys, Loved your blog! your pictures are great. Love Mom Melonie