Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cold but no snow......

So I sometimes will look to see what the weather is like in Eagle River, AK compared to Tacoma, WA and right now we are only a bit warmer and of course no snow. This will be Ian's first Christmas without snow as well as Aliyahs'. It will be my first time since 1999 when I lived in CA. I heard it may snow here but the chances aren't good it will stick. I actually love the snow I just don't like it dragging into spring...-those from Alaska know why I wrote that!
Anyways we are starting to get in holiday spirit. I have lots of great ideas for traditions I want us to carry on-some that we have been doing every year and some we haven't. The part that will make it a really strange is working in retail and that we have only Selena and her family around. We will be having Thanksgiving at my mom's brother's house, Brian. He lives south of Seattle.
As for an update on the family, we have been good. This first month of work has flown by and I have made it out alive. I feel confident things will only get better. Aliyah is now reading a few words.She is such a fast learner. Maddox is still growing very fast and is really starting to get into little toys. His favorite is anything lion-he even growls like one if you growl at him! Ian got his acceptance letter into the nursing program at UAA -starting summer 2009 (there is a waiting list). Only 20 in every 300 that apply get in. He maybe able to start sooner if a slot opens up. He will be going for his bach in nursing. Halloween was fun. I have posted new pics of it. Well, I am sure you are all sick of this long post. I will try to post about once a week so they aren't so long! Miss and love you all!


2 comments:

Music Mama said...

What a sweet family you have! I can't believe you've already gone back to work, and that you didn't die! You are superwoman. I'm sorry you're having cold weather. It has been wonderful here in Utah :) Talk to you soon! xox

Taryn said...

Hello! I love that you have updated your blog, it is fun to see all of you. You all look so great. I never doubted you wouldn't make it. You are one of the most together people I know. I really miss you. Love you lots
Taryn